For those seeking addiction treatment for themselves or a loved one, our calls are confidential and are available for 24/7 help. Agape Treatment Center for substance abuse embraces a universal, unconditional love that transcends, that serves regardless of circumstances. We provide individuals all over the country with the opportunity to achieve the gift of lasting sobriety.
Alcohol-free beer, gin and other drinks are becoming more common across the world. Sightseeing ranks as the best holiday activity for people who don’t drink, followed by day trips and shopping. With its cultural cities and wildlife packed national parks, the USA ranks as the best country for a drink-free holiday among those surveyed. Wide open spaces and https://stylevanity.com/2023/07/top-5-questions-to-ask-yourself-when-choosing-sober-house.html a collection of unique cities sprinkled throughout the Lone Star State make it easy to drive to a new destination. One of the state’s highlights includes San Antonio, a charming city infused with a blend of cultures dating back to Spanish missionaries. While you’ve probably heard of the Alamo, San Antonio’s draw is much wider than the classic landmark.
Clearbrook Manor – Pennsylvania Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center
Located throughout the Southeast, each one provides resources to help you live sobriety to the fullest. Ethos Structured Sober Living is an all male community in recovery located in the heart of West Los Angeles. Our primary purpose is to foster long-term sobriety through the cultivation of accountability, camaraderie, & character development. Experiences such as these can be great ways to explore new places and soak in unfamiliar cultures.
- Many people living with active addiction sustain their self-destructive ways by telling themselves the lie that alcohol and drugs make their lives richer and more fulfilling.
- Staying sober on vacation doesn’t have to involve spending the entirety of the trip indoors.
- So enjoy the magic for what it is without the need for any go-go juice.
- You’ll need to have a clear head to concentrate fully on the activity at hand, plus these activities are an excellent way to achieve a natural rush from adrenaline.
- On a recent trip to Egypt, I delighted in the frothy, not-too-sweet mint lemonade on most menus.
- These sober vacations often have a very specific purpose such as helping to build homes, working in soup kitchens, or providing medical care in underserved communities.
You can choose from various activities like kayaking, hiking, fitness classic, or even cooking classes. Most of these wellness getaway destinations have alcohol-free packages that are excellent for sober travelers. Another option is to choose a destination that focuses heavily on wellness if you want to create your own getaway.
Embracing Sober Curious Travel
Orlando is a city that offers many attractions for family-friendly vacations that do not involve drinking. From beaches to mountains, there is a destination perfect for newly sober you. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway or an adventure – there are endless options; these spots offer plenty to do without any boozy temptations. On a retreat that focuses on yoga or meditation, you will be surrounded by people who share your goals of being mindful and health-conscious.
You might think that a cruise ship would be a bad place to take a trip, but it can be a rewarding experience. Yes, it’s easy to find drinks on the boat, but there are far too many activities to keep you busy for a lifetime. Whether you desire to enjoy the magnificent scenery or you want to lay in the sun, you’ll be able to occupy your mind long enough to avoid temptation. A wellness destination is a place where the focus is put on the wellbeing of the travelers who visit.
Hiking And Camping
While in Orlando, you’ll probably find booze on the menu in most places, but there’s plenty to keep you occupied while sober. Getting hammered before being sloshed around on a 3D ride isn’t most people’s idea of fun anyways. And at some of the parks, like Disney’s Magic Kingdom, alcohol is harder to come by. So enjoy the magic for what it is without the need for any go-go juice. In fact, many addiction treatment centers are essentially based around the idea of a spa vacation so that you can concentrate on your sobriety. This time though, it’s an opportunity to try some new things and get out of your comfort zone a bit more than you might have previously.
- Although the trend is buzzing right now, alcohol-free travel isn’t new.
- Depending on the season, you can enjoy skiing, snowboarding, ziplining, hiking, whitewater rafting, and many other activities.
- On the other hand, if you live in a hot environment, you may find that colder weather is just what you need to stay sober.