Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Meals & Deals Trading website. This website and our app are operated by Meals & Deals Trading Ltd for all purposes. Meals & Deals Trading Ltd is a company registered in Scotland with company number SC688862 whose registered office is at Unit 2, 239 Blairtummock Road, Glasgow, G33 4ED. Meals & Deals Trading Ltd VAT number is GB 371767077. Meals & Deals Trading Limited acts as a credit intermediary and not a lender. Meals & Deals Trading Limited offers credit products provided exclusively by Klarna Bank AB (publ) for Xbox All Access.
Terms and Conditions of our Website
These terms and conditions are provided by Meals & Deals, its subsidiaries and associates (referred to as Meals & Deals, the Meals & Deals Group, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘we’ in these terms) and set out the terms and conditions under which you may use our website. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not accept the terms and conditions, then you may not use the website.
These terms and conditions may be revised at any time by us updating the website. Changes to these terms and conditions will be effective immediately when they are posted on the website. We reserve the right to close the website at any time, and to amend or correct any website content, with or without prior notice.
Access to Website Content / Copyright
We are the owner (or licensee) of all copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in our website or mobile app (as applicable), and in the material and/or content published on it. You are permitted to use such material and/or content only as expressly authorised by us (or our licensors). You acknowledge and agree that the material and/or content published on this website or mobile app (as applicable) is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may only download such material and/or content for the purpose of using this website or mobile app (as applicable). You further acknowledge that any other use of the material and/or content published on this website or mobile app (as applicable) is strictly prohibited and you agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and/or content.
You may not systematically extract and/or utilise parts of the content of our website and/or app. In particular, you may not, without our prior written permission:
- redistribute or modify any of the content
- remove any copyright or trade mark notices from any copies of the content
- utilise any data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract for re-utilisation of any parts of the website
- create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading and storing all or any of the content of our website
If you use our website, it is your responsibility to ensure the confidentiality of your account and password and that no unauthorised persons have access to them. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. We shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage that may arise as a result of your failure to keep your password and account protected. Please ensure that your personal details are up to date. See here for how to do this. We reserve the right to refuse access to our website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content or cancel orders at our discretion. If we cancel an order, you will not be charged.
Given the unpredictability of technology and the online environment, we do not warrant that the function or operation of our website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that this site or the server that makes it available will be free of viruses or other harmful elements. Also, your access to our website may be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction. As a visitor to, and user of our website, you agree that your access is undertaken at your own risk and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have the right equipment and software to safely access our website and/or app. We shall not be liable for damages or losses of any kind that you may incur from our use of or inability to access our website and/or app.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us for online purchases are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on our Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website.
- We will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from mdtrading.online
- As your product is shipped from our warehouse we will send you a dispatch confirmation email.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered.
- You will be separately notified in the event that we do not accept your order, or where you have otherwise cancelled your order.
- A contract is formed between us when (and not before) we dispatch your order.
- In the case of goods purchased through our Click & Collect service, a contract is formed between us when (and not before) you collect your items. Your order will not be progressed until we verify payment.
By placing an order with us you agree that:
- Any information provided by you will be true, accurate, current and complete
- You are the authorised holder of any credit or debit card you may use on the website
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to any information you have submitted to the website
- You will only use the material on the website for your personal use only, and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever
- By clicking Confirm Order you are confirming your acceptance of these terms and conditions and that you are giving us permission to pre authorise your account upon order and debit your account upon dispatch / collection.
- E-mails sent will be deemed as read, it is your responsibility to ensure that the email address supplied is accurate and capable of receiving our e-mails
- You have read and accept all terms and conditions including in particular the terms in relation to Price and Promotions, Shipping and Delivery, Contract Cancellation, Returns and Refunds and Data Protection.
- Products are for family domestic use only
Purchasing of age restricted products
Meals & Deals operates a Think 21 policy – Please be prepared to show proof of age when buying age restricted products.
Any product with a BBFC (British Board of film Classification) or PEGI (Pan-European Games Information) rating will be clearly described as such on the product page for that item. For further information on age ratings, see the PEGI website.
Warning: It is an offence to attempt to buy a certificated title if you are under the required age or to attempt to purchase any such title on behalf of an underage third party.
Persons placing orders for the purchase of products on the Site, confirm that they are of the appropriate age to receive and view the specified certification of the title(s) so ordered.
Any person ordering a product for a third party hereby certifies the intended recipient of the order is of the appropriate age to receive and view the specified certification of the title(s) so ordered. We reserve the right not to supply any age-restricted product where We reasonably believe that a customer is below the relevant minimum age.
Resale of our Products
Products are provided for personal, domestic and private use only.
If we reasonably believe that you are buying products from us with the intention of reselling them or in circumstances where it appears that bulk buying, reselling, drop-shipping or repeated orders for the same item/s are occurring, we may:
- refuse to accept your order; or
- cancel your order; or
- accept your order subject to agreeing additional or alternative terms with you (see below); and
- treat your order as though you are buying products in the course of your business.
In such circumstances, any rights that are granted only to a ‘consumer’ under consumer protection legislation shall not apply to you.
Additional and alternative terms which shall apply to such orders shall include:
- Consumer rights to cancel the contract within 14 days shall not apply;
- Our 28 days goodwill returns policy shall not apply;
- If the products are faulty or misdescribed, you may return them to us within 7 days. Where you use our returns service, you shall be charged the postage or other cost of returning any products to us (even where those products are faulty or misdescribed). We shall also charge you a reasonable handling fee for processing your return. Returns received after 7 days will not be processed.
- You will not be permitted to order products which are subject to promotions or special offers.
We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time but, in respect of any ordered goods, the terms and conditions which apply shall be those which the customer has accepted when an order has been placed. Once an order is placed customers are deemed to have read and agreed to the terms and conditions. Any errors regarding website based information, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other documentation or information issued by us may be subject to correction without any liability on our part.
Price and Promotions
Free gift promotions advertised online and in our Winter Catalogue are available online while stocks last. Where stock is not available at the time of placing your order we are unable to offer this item at any later stage under the promotional arrangement advertised.
The price displayed at time of purchase is the price you will pay and will in general not be affected by price increases or decreases. We are unable to offer a discounted price should the price of an item decrease after you make your purchase.
Price savings are evaluated on prices in 2018 and 2019 Meals & Deals Catalogues or manufacturer’s recommended retail price. Discounts deducted from lowest priced item. Buy 1 Get 1 Free refers to least expensive item free. Buy 2 Get 1 Free refers to buy 3 items and get the least expensive free. Buy 1 Get 2nd Half Price refers to least expensive half price.
All voucher and discount codes must be entered on the ‘Shopping Basket’ page before proceeding to the checkout and cannot be applied if not entered at time of placing the order. If a code does not apply a discount please check the valid dates. For more information on what to do if a code does not apply expected discount, please see our FAQs here. Please ensure you read the terms and conditions of each voucher and discount code as they may vary.
Due to the quick turnaround of orders we are unable to amend an order once it has been placed. Customers must ensure they check their order carefully before submitting it.
Please note that you are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish provided that you exercise your right and notify us no longer than 14 working days after the day on which you receive the Products.
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract we will refund the original purchase price and delivery charge, provided that you have notified us in writing no longer than 14 working days after the day on which you receive the Products, that you have taken reasonable care of the Products and they remain unused and unopened. Please see our Returns policy here for further details.
Please note that your right to return Products does not apply to Products which fall into the following categories unless they are faulty or not clearly as described – Unsealed CDs, DVDs, tapes or other recording media, video games and consoles and certain nursery items for hygiene reasons. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Shipping and Delivery
We are delighted to offer a number of different shipping and delivery options to cater to our customers’ requirements. We try to offer the best and most competitive shipping rates and any charges are only covering the cost of shipping as incurred by us from our third party delivery service providers. Where possible, we subsidise the shipping charge and do not pass this on to our customers. Please see here for further details on Shipping and Delivery options and terms.
Usually everything displayed on our site as In Stock is present in our business and available for immediate sale.
In the unlikely event that any ordered goods are not readily available to us, we reserve the right to cancel your order. You will receive an email notification of any order cancellation as a result of stock out confirming that any pre-authorisation has been released and/or payment refunded for the goods in question, in line with our Payment Terms. To the extent that the out of stock item forms part of a larger order, all other goods ordered by the customer will be dispatched in the normal way.
We are happy to exchange or refund goods if returned within 28 days of purchase, provided the goods are unused, unopened, in their original condition and packaging with all materials, manuals and accessories intact. All returns must be accompanied by a valid Meals & Deals Trading Ltd receipt or, for online returns, your order reference (UK#########) number. Our returns policy does not extend to computer or games software where the seal has been broken or Nursery items.
Please see our here for full details and terms on our Returns policy.
We aim to process all refunds as quickly as possible. During our busy season (October through to December) please allow up to 14 working days for refunds and replacements to be processed. All refunds will be made using the same payment method where goods were purchased in store and using the same card used to place the order online.
The customers’ statutory rights are not affected.
Please note that the time taken to process a refund and/or release any pre-authorisation taken on your card may vary depending on your bank or credit card provider. In our experience, it can take up to 7 days. This processing time is completely outside of our control and any delay is not on the part of Meals & Deals.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Visa Debit
We do not accept the following payment methods either Online or Instore:
- Cheques or postal orders
- Purchase orders
- One for All Vouchers
- Love to Shop Vouchers
- American Express
Most items are covered for up to one year against manufacturing faults, unless otherwise specified. Software and Nursery warranty will be explained to you at the point of sale. Your receipt is your proof of warranty.
We do not give any warranty, condition, guarantee or representation, express or implied, relating to the information contained on this website or on any website to which it is linked. We make no representations or warranties concerning the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics contained on this website, or on any website to which it is linked.